A cost effective route to personally tailored HRT for only £199 (includes blood tests and doctors consultation)
What is tailored HRT?
Oestrogen Replacement Therapy helps with symptoms of hot flushes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, aching joints and low mood amongst other symptoms
Testosterone Replacement Therapy helps symptoms of low libido and sexual function, fatigue and sleep, headaches, trouble with concentration or “brain fog” and is often referred to as giving patients back their “Mojo”
HRT approved by the British Menopause Society
Menopause Triage is a suitable service for women aged 45 to 60 years with common symptoms of Menopause including hot flushes, night sweats and low mood.
Why Menopause Triage and not a visit to clinic?
Traditionally patients who attend our Menopause Clinic to see our Consultant Specialist will visit 3-4 times in the first year and spend on average £1064. This includes consultations and blood tests.
Menopause Triage is just £199
Menopause Triage is aimed at getting the most beneficial, clinically approved and safe tailored HRT to all patients and will save patients who choose Menopause Triage in excess of £600.
At The Female Health Clinic we aim to make tailored HRT available to all women, enabling you to make the safest choice while still providing great symptom management. There are some exclusions and if you have any of the following in your medical history you will be required to have a further consultation with one of our doctors to ascertain whether Menopause Triage is a safe route for you. This is an additional charge of £175 and may end with a referral into clinic to have doctor led one to one care.
- BMI greater than 30
- History of breast cancer
- History of endometrial cancer
- Migraine with aura
- Previous thrombosis – DVT – Pulmonary Thrombosis – Stroke
- Post menopausal bleeding (bleeding one year after your last period)
- History of Liver disease
- History of Clotting disorders
- History of Gallbladder disease
If you have researched your options and concluded that British Menopause recommendations for tailored HRT are for you, then please…
Your Patient Journey when embarking on Menopause Triage
Once registered to our Menopause Clinic we will send you our Menopause Triage Symptom Questionnaire to complete electronically. This is confidential and will update your patient record ready for The Menopause Clinic doctors to review.
Our dedicated Patient Services team will contact you to confirm your suitability for Menopause Triage and only then arrange payment and advise you of the options for getting blood tests completed. We can send a home test kit to you for self sampling or you can request these from your GP or we can assist in clinic with a nurse.
Please note that you will be required to provide a blood pressure result along with your height and weight measurements prior to your telephone call with the doctor.
Once we have your blood results back we will book you a telephone consultation with a doctor in the Menopause Clinic and they will discuss your symptoms, medical history and HRT options with you and organise your prescription.
We can arrange a private prescription which our online pharmacy can deliver to your door in 24 hours or we can write to your GP with our medication recommendations.
Are there any hidden costs to Menopause Triage?
We want to be completely transparent allowing you to make a fully informed decision regarding your Menopause Management. There are no hidden costs and below is what to expect:
- Annual Review will be required if you wish to continue HRT prescribing through our menopause clinic – this is the standard Menopause Triage fee £199. If your GP is prescribing for you and managing your treatment there is no need for annual review with us.
- If you do not ask your GP to manage your HRT prescription we charge £15 per prescription request (medications charged separately by our online pharmacy).
- If you require adhoc support we have an “Ask the Dr” service for patient queries. This is an email service and costs £30.
- Some HRT (Testosterone replacement therapy for example) will require blood testing to check that you are in the therapeutic range and this is a prescribing requirement. This costs £49 for a blood test around six weeks after starting treatment.
- You may decide that you would like to check progress against your original hormone profile baseline. This is £99.
- If you have any medical history that requires further discussion (see above list) you will be offered a telephone consultation with one of our menopause doctors to discuss HRT and if it is right for you. This is charged additionally at £175.